Monday, September 07, 2009

THANK YOU, SEATTLE!

Tim and I just returned from our trip to the Pacific Northwest. I'd like to send a big thanks to the folks at the Center for Positive Sex Culture in Seattle for welcoming me to read at their Spoken Word night at PARADISE UNBOUND 2009. I had a great time reading from both OPEN FOR BUSINESS and ULTIMATE LESBIAN EROTICA 2009. Although I couldn't see the crowd (it was late at night and we were at a campsite!), I could hear them responding. It was so refreshing to breathe in that clean, crisp, air. Ahhhhhhhh.....

The pic above is courtesy of Tim. Kind of Amsterdam-y, eh?

Also, I'd like to thank the Famous Mysterious Actor show in Portland for providing us with some quality entertainment in Portland. I had a headache when I left the theatre but was glad to have been part of the candy-throwing extravaganza. Portland had one of the best parts about our trip - music videos at Valentine's. My Marilyn Manson pick closed out the night very well for everyone. Hopefully a few nightmares were had thanks to yours truly.

I was happy to stop by a few local bookstores and sign any anthologies on their shelves that included my work. Speaking of those bookstores, Powell's was one of the best bookstores I've ever had the pleasure to visit. I bought a few books and a fantastic vintage LOLITA poster that I'm going to have to frame and hang up at my desk.

Thought I'd throw in the pic below since I AM that kind of writer. It's my attempt at being artistic.



Cheers to everyone! HAPPY LABOR DAY!!


No comments: