Tuesday, August 25, 2009

COIL TATTOO GALLERY OPENING IN CHINATOWN!

What you see here is a seashell tattoo done by the marvelous Nathan Kostechko. He is also the master behind the work done on my arms. This piece is the beginning of a Pygmalion and Galatea theme. Pygmalion showered Galatea with tons of gifts, shells being just one of the many lovely items. I'd like to have the story done on the right side of my back connecting to the Apple of Discord on my right arm.

This is why I'm so thrilled that Nathan is opening a shop in Chinatown! It's not officially open yet but he is taking appointments. You can get in touch with him through the COIL website at www.coiltattoogallery.com or his personal site www.nathankostechko.com (I think they go to the same place right now). It's in a really convenient location and it's comfortable. I'm just super stoked that he's back in LA!

I'm glad I got this seashell out of the way because the tattooing on my butt hurt worse than any other tattooing I've ever had. Good God. And today I feel like I'm walking funny because it's starting to scab over. Not sure how I'm going to be able to run while it's healing!!


1 comment:

alaynemarie said...

So let me get this straight, you just published a picture of your BUTT on the internet. hahaha!