Thursday, April 30, 2009

I get to be all artsy and stuff!!!

Hey, quit looking at that zipper, you pervert! Who woulda thunk I'd be a part of a juried literary showcase? Well, I AM a northwestern girl at heart so it makes sense that I am one of nine authors showcased this weekend at the SEATTLE EROTIC ART FESTIVAL.

Sure, I never lived out my dream of going to University of Washington and working in a coffee shop, but that doesn't mean my dirty writings can't grace the city. 

My friend Jeremy Edwards also made it into the showcase! He's a stellar writer and I am pleased to be in such good company.

According to the SEAF website, this festival was founded in 2002 by The Foundation for Sex Positive Culture to promote freedom of sexuality, speech, and creativity through the erotic expression of fine art. 

Thanks to Dr. Dick for pointing out this opportunity. 


2 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Huge congrats, JH, and thanks for the shout-out! I'm honored to be in your company, you erotic-artsy virtuosa!

See you in Seattle! (You know, metaphorically and all that. I'll have a metaphorical latte with cinnamon similes sprinkled on top.)

Jolene Hui said...

And to think, I'm all grown up and never hopped onto the coffee drinking train! It all worked out for the best. And that rain would make me mental.

Congrats to you, too, JE!